Assembly Bill 376, which bans the trade of shark fins, will soon face a critical vote in the California State Senate, and it needs your help. For the sake of the tens of millions of sharks that are slaughtered every year to make shark fin soup. For the sake of the millions of people worldwide who rely upon the health of our oceans. Here’s how you can help:
If you live in California:
1) Using this handy tool, enter your zip code, and find out who your state senator is.
2) Dial his/her phone number.
3) Whether someone answers or its a voicemail, tell them your name, your zip code, and that you support Assembly Bill 376 without amendments.
4) Sign our Shark Pledge, which calls upon global leaders to act now to protect our sharks and preserve the health of our oceans.
If you live elsewhere in the world:
1) Sign our Shark Pledge, which calls upon global leaders to act now to protect our sharks and preserve the health of our oceans.
A third of open-ocean shark species are already threatened with extinction. We can’t afford to wait any longer.